Study form: Fulltime
Course language: English
The aim of this course is to provide the basic orientation in the software development process in order to be able to act effectively as a developmnet team members. The students will become knowledgeable in the core techniques of software design, support tools for the software development and selected project management and risk control procedures.
software engineering, processes of software development, software design, software testing
1. Software project overview, objectives and phases
2. Process control and quality management, CMM, ISO 9000
3. Requirements specification, formal and informal methods
4. Technical Specification
5. Software architecture, detailed design
6. Object-oriented design
7. Project Plan, Scheduling, Feature prioritization
8. System Integration
9. Software support for process management, source control management
10. Testing and validation
11. Risk management
12. Production and suport, Lifecycle management
13. Agile design and development approaches
14. Use-Case: Industrial project postmortem
1. Labs organization, presentation of concept and objectives
2. Projects specification, assignment to student teams
3. Project work in teams I.
4. Project work in teams II.
5. Presentation of partial results - Project Master Plan
6. Project work in teams III.
7. Project work in teams IV.
8. Project work in teams V.
9. Presentation of partial results - project plan and resource assignment
10. Project work in teams VI.
11. Project work in teams VII.
12. Presentation and evaluation of results I.
13. Presentation and evaluation of results II.
14. Grading, evaluation and post-mortems
1. Stellmann, Greene: Applied Software Project Management, O'Reilly 2005
2. Kerzner: Project Management: A Systems Approach to Planning, Scheduling,
and Controlling, Wiley 2003
3. Roger S. Pressman: Software Engineering: A Practitioner's Approach, 6th edition. McGraw-Hill, 2004.
ISBN 0-07-301933-X (P/N 0-07-285318-2)
4. Jim McCarthy: Dynamics of Software Development. Microsoft Press, 1995. ISBN: 978-1556158230
5. Ian Sommerville: Software Engineering,8th Edition. Addison Wesley 2006, ISBN: 978-0321313799