Programme type: Undefined
Study form: Fulltime
Student gets familiar with terms and best practices of installation and administration of Microsoft Windows OS with special focus at centralized MS Windows network administration. Successfull student will be able to effectively set up centralized administration of computer network.
Administrace, MS Windows, Active Directory
1. Microsoft Windows system concept and basic terms, history and evolution of the OS.
2. OS architecture, system internals.
3. OS administration, standard administrative tools.
4. Security and security tools.
5. Media management, file systems.
6. Network model - TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
7. OS Windows network and securiry services implementation; server, redirector.
8. Active Directory.
9. Group policy.
10. Advanced AD management, frequent AD mistakes.
11. System migration and deployment.
12. Utilities for OS and AD management, Windows administration in heterogenous environment.
13. Disaster recovery, backup, troubleshooting.
14. Reserved. Test.
Hands-on lab lessons follow up lectures:
1-4. Block I - OS Windows installation:
Tools for administration and problem solving in Microsoft Windows. Native management tools, add-ons, 3rd party products. Students get familiar with processes (services, processes, threads), solve emergency situation, design optimal and safe OS configuration.
Semestral project - part I.
5-8. Block II - AD design and implementation:
Design of real system using object oriented approach using group policies, complex AD (multiple domains and forests), practical implementation of designed system - minimal cost of administration, highest security
Semestral project - part II.
9-12. Block III - Tools for OS and AD management:
OS a AD management automation using programming tools (Shell, VB Script, C#).
Semestral project - part III.
13-14. Block IV - Semestral project - presentation.
1. Windows Resource Kit.
2. Sysinternals Tools.